Carolyn R. Parsons

This year I resolve to NOT go on a diet. This year I resolve to do exactly what I did last year, accept that I gain a little in the winter and lose it in the spring.

That's it! Well I joined a gym and I'll go and walk on their treadmill because it's not to my benefit to go all winter without physical activity though I prefer to get it out in nature. I've accepted that I just don't like walking in the frigid temperatures of Ontario so I will pay my membership, watch Glee on my iPod and move on.

There is no reason to panic. Sure many of us will have eaten too much in Christmas. Heck the skinny people have and they're not panicking! It'll come off with healthy eating and exercise, a positive attitude and time!

I have now maintained the same size for an entire year! I'm not skinny, I'm perfectly average and perfectly satisfied being perfectly average. I am not satisfied with feeling like crap(hence the gym).

So no New Years Resolutions to speak of here except a renewal of those I made at some point early last year!

I wrote a post on my other blog entitled New Years Revolutions! Pop over and take a peek! It can apply here as well as there!

Happy New Year everybody!



My Writing Blog

Bookmark and Share
| edit post
3 Responses
  1. RNSANE Says:

    Good for you. I really should exercise. At 65, I am very overweight...doesn't help that my sons are all so fit. The 25-year-old, who was a division one college decathlete nags constantly in the guise of wanting me to live forever...I hurt everywhere, arthritis, cervical and spinal stenosis. I found a great card that says, "My idea of exercise is rocking swiftly."

    Happy New Year!


  2. Tom Bailey Says:

    The habit of going to the gym works wonders for emotions for me and gives me a feeling of satisfaction along with providing health.

    You seem like you are ready for a great year.

    Tom Bailey


  3. Kerry Says:

    Your so right with your words.

    I did over do it a bit at xmas. not as much as i normally would, but yep, i did.

    I have been beating myself up about this a little bit, and the past 2 days i have gone really off the rails eating too much, but the guilt was still there.

    When i read that the skinny people arn't feeling guilty, well heck, neither will i.

    Tomorrow is another day, and i will be focused again.

    I love your inspiration coach of mine.

    xx