Carolyn R. Parsons

I spend a lot of time reviewing programs online about weight loss and most of them I ignore.

This program, The Belly Fat Cure, has intrigued me. I believe in the actual premise of it though as usual it does nothing to help those of us who have disordered eating however the more I see the more I agree that what he's promoting is a healthy way of eating that probably would help us get rid of the belly fat.

I've also been looking into the "belly fat" idea because I didn't believe that you could lose weight in "spots" like the belly. But when I researched what I discovered is that the belly fat that they talk about is not the inch(or 5) that you can pinch but fat behind the rib cage and muscles of the abdomen surrounding the organs. This is the fat that is not good for health and this is the fat that makes your belly potrude even if you don't have an inch to pinch and is dangerous to health.

I am on a mission now to remove the sugar from my diet that always creeps in at Christmas and remove the few pounds I gained and the first thing I do is remove sugar from my diet.

I won't be purchasing the book but I may borrow it from the library and review it here at some point. It has some interesting science inside that I would like to explore further as well.

I do think that removing sugar from the diet is ideal for health, particularly the refined stuff but he goes further and limits all sugar to 15g per day.

If anyone has read his book I would like your feedback on it.

Meanwhile here is a video from Cruise's webite for you to view.

Belly Fat Cure Website and Video





My Writing Blog

Bookmark and Share
| edit post
3 Responses
  1. Elisabeth Says:

    I have the book and have been following the program for a little over a week now.

    Cutting my sugar down was very difficult the first 4 days or so. I felt so irritable and aggressive, which are never words I'd use to describe myself, but I think it was just withdrawals as sweets are my kryptonite!

    Anyway, that's all gone away now, but I only lost about 2 lbs. and maybe 1/2 in. at best, when the book says to expect to lose an average of 4-9 lbs and most of that being belly fat. :-( And I've even been exercising which is something the book claims you don't need to do for those sorts of results. Hmmmmmm...

    Also, it's been a pretty expensive program for me to try as I had to buy all sorts of products I don't normally use.

    Anyway, I have been looking online today for people that have been "successful" on it. I have e-mailed a few people but have yet to hear back from them.

    If anyone has done this program and had a different experience, I'd love to hear about it!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    I'm on my second week. 2.8 pounds the first week. Try looking at this blog:
    http://meandjorge.blogspot.com/
    She has lost 27 pounds on the plan over 12 weeks. Definitely not 4-9 pounds per week, but an impressive loss regardless!


  3. kiakia Says:

    My mom and I have been doing a modified version for it for a week(did not get all of the recommended products, on a budget), and both lost 9 lbs BUT, we also cut down calories to about 1400. This diet was very difficult! But also rewarding.EVERYTHING has sugar. Even lettuce. It was hard cutting down to 15 grams while also trying to eat some veggies and a morsel of fruit. We are also taking phylium husk(me) and fiber(my mom), and digestive enzymes. I started walking 20 minutes a day.