Carolyn R. Parsons

If you are unfamiliar with Spark People and you are on a weightloss journey I would suggest you check out this helpful website as soon as possible.


The reasons I endorse this website are varied. First of all, and likely the main reason is that it's completely free. This means that anyone who has access to a computer can join this group of millions of people and find inspiration, support, tools for fitness, tools for food tracking, menus, ideas, anything that you need to help you in your journey. If you have your own computer or have to go to a public library you can visit this website and use its tools.

I also like that it's private. As private as the Internet allows. You can use a user name and keep your weight private. That is a bonus for a lot of people who do not want to go to a group meeting in person.

I like that it is incredibly friendly. That it has a blog, that you don't have to use all the features, only the ones that you need, that you don't have to weigh in, just follow along with the program and go from there.

You can set up a page with your information called a Spark page and let people know in as much or as little detail as you like about yourself. This is a great page to do a picture or video journal of your success.

If you need to journal your food intake there is a place to do that, if you wish to journal your fitness progress you can journal that as well. You can log your fitness minutes. There are endless possibilities that would take too long to describe.

I would suggest you visit this amazing place and while you are at it visit the community boards and the success stories section. These are my favourite places.

And if your goal is wellness you can set your account up to help you in that journey instead of weight loss. So it can accommodate you in any way that suits you. I do this as I don't want to focus on weight loss even though I wish to meet that end eventually.




My Writing Blog

Labels:
Bookmark and Share
| edit post
4 Responses
  1. SparkGuy Says:

    Thanks for the great comments about SparkPeople! I notice you are a fan of Hay House - if you didn't know this, Hay House is publishing the SparkPeople book in December!

    SparkCheers!
    Chris (SparkGuy)
    SP founder/CEO


  2. What fantastic news...thanks for stopping by Chris, I'll be sure and watch for it!


  3. Wow! Great find. Thanks for sharing.


  4. I awarded you the Honest Scrap Award! Check out my blog for details.
    www.hypnotransformations.blogspot.com