Carolyn R. Parsons

Black Bean Soup

Ingredients

2tsps olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tsp ground cumin
3 carrots/sliced
3 parsnips/sliced(I use all carrots as I don't usually have parsnip on hand)
6 cups broth(I use vegetable of course)
1 can black beans drained and rinsed


Heat oil in a skillet. Add onions and saute until they are translucent. Add garlic and cumin and cook for 3 minutes. Add carrots and parsnip and

You can continue to cook the rest in the same pan or a pot on the stove but I generally add the sauteed veggies and the boiling broth to a slow cooker until carrots and parsnip are tender.

I then take two cups of the bean soup, mostly the solids and pulse in the food processor and add it back to make a thicker soup. This is an optional step.

It's absolutely delicious. I don't count calories but I imagine it's low.

I would love to credit this recipe but I'm afraid I don't even know where it came from. If you read and recognise it as yours please let me know and I will credit you appropriately!

Labels:
Bookmark and Share
| edit post
0 Responses