Carolyn R. Parsons

Last night was a challenge. On top of being tired myself, the kids were tired and the house that I'd so proudly tidied and cleaned the night before was once again a shambles. Combine that with dog pee on the carpet and I was reaching for the cookie jar. Then I remembered my own advice and only took two cookies, walked to the computer and ate them slowly, for dessert and then sat to do some writing. What great therapy. My cup was full in short order, and without calories. It didn't help to have Jon Bon Jovi crooning in my ear, singing only for me. I wish.

I posted my first ever photograph yesterday of my black bean soup recipe. It seems to be a hit. I have a new recipe today but no picture. I am hoping to make this again tomorrow but for now I'm out of honey and onions. If you want something quick go for this. It's great alone or with a nice salad, I like a sweeter salad with it. It's sweet so it offers up the satisfaction of dessert as well. Enjoy!


This blog is about optimal nutrition and I think this recipe meets that requirement and an added bonus is how easy this is! I can't take credit for this recipe, I got it from a fellow moderator at Motheringdotcommunity.

Honey Baked Lentils

1 cup of dried lentils, green or red, rinsed
2 cups of water
2 tbsp of honey
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ginger
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Throw all in a casserole and stir. Bake at 350F until tender,about a hour and a half.

Variations: You can substitute 1/3 cup of rice or barley for some of the lentils. (I did this with barley)

Add whatever vegetables are on hand for a one dish meal.(I used carrots and turnip chopped rather largely). Winter vegetables work best like yam, squash, turnip, cabbage and parsnip.

Labels: , , ,
Bookmark and Share
| edit post