Carolyn R. Parsons
I've felt my control, my caring slipping today. I'm tired. I ate a little more than I likely would have, and then word of a tragedy back home tipped me over the edge.

But I've had a late dinner and my first ever Yoga lesson and I feel wonderful and I don't feel like eating anything.

They say "When your cup is full, stop pouring". My cup has not been full for a while and I've been filling it up with food instead of the things I really need. My spirit needs to practice meditation and my body needs the physical workout. I think this is going to be a good thing.

And my friend's husband paid for it because I baby sat his children for several days while she was hospitalised.

I feel very centred and balanced right now. I highly recommend developing a spiritual practice to help keeping the cup full, so you are not filling your cup with oreos.

Bookmark and Share
| edit post
4 Responses
  1. SimplyBillie Says:

    "Filling your cup with oreos." I love that statement.
    So very true, too. Though, I'm craving some oreos now... LOL!


  2. I am supposed to be from the country where yoga was born, and I have no idea what you're talking about!

    My problem is my cup is always too full, and someone else is always pouring. Think I need to replace the cup with a jug!


  3. Caz Says:

    Oh damn.. and I filled my cup with milk & oreos' just yesterday too! EEK Although they were a special treat and it's a rare thing.


  4. Razzer Says:

    Some thot. U may be on track here...
    Ill visit u more.

    Anand.:-)